Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Firsts

       this week was so exciting for me...it was a week of firsts! I started college for the first time this week, I have 6 classes in total. microbiology, csp, communications, medical terminology, English and computers. the first class I was so nerve wrecked it was crazy, but I just sat by a girl named Stephanie and introduced myself. I found out that she was in the same program as me, a ps well as, this other girl named Chelsea.

it was also my first lab ever, we got to wear labs coats and the whole deal. I learnt how to use a Brunson burner and we got to look at frogs blood and bacteria under the microscope. we also did environmental swabs, my lab partner and I took them from a door handle and from the tilet seat in the bathroom. I am really excited to see what kinds of bacteria will grow on the plates from the samples. I think that the lab will be one of my favourite classes, and luckily I have a lab partner that knows what she is doing, she helped me a bit with the microscope.

this week I also tried A new recipe, a orange sour cream chicken, it was soo good but I could have made it better but that is what has been up in the last few days and it feels good doing school and making new friends.

This week I also tried getting new nails on, the first day I completely hated them, I wanted to just rip them off but after having them for awhile I got used to them and I think they are ok. Sometimes they can be difficult to deal with but its all good. 

here's hope to a good semester! 

No comments:

Post a Comment