Sunday, April 27, 2014

Graduation Day!

Today was the day that I had my convocation for graduating my Central Sterile Processing Certificate. It was horrible because I really thought that I was going to be late this morning because I was going to get Jesse up at 9 to get there for 9:30 when we should have left the house at 8:45 to get there to get my bib, get lined up and have my card for the announcer to say. It was frustrating because I first went to the wrong building it was like 9:22 when this happened, I had no idea where to go because there were so many students everywhere in their gowns. I even started crying I got so frustrated but luckily I went to someone to figure out where to go I got my bib I got into the lineup and then right after they marched us out. 

When they marched us out they had a person with bagpipes and there were so many people standing up to congratulate us when walking into the gym. My program was first so we got to sit in the front row. They had a few speakers say things, had a award for an honorary degree and then they took us out again to be lined up for the announcing of the graduates. I was second to graduate from the college for the year. There were only three of us in our program so our program went by fast. The harder part was waiting for everyone else. Another girl in my program had the same idea that I did, we get our crap from the teacher and go but we had to wait for everyone else. 

The largest groups of graduates that there were was the nursing program and criminal justice (policing). There was probably 100 or more policing students. So those two groups were the most painful to go through since they are the most popular programs. After all the graduates were announced they officially announced us as the class of 2014. Then they led us out of the gym and then we followed a huge line of family, friends, and staff that clapped for us as we walked out. It was very emotional I felt like crying because having so many people clap for the accomplishment that you did was very fulfilling. 

It was nice too because Jesse was there, grandma was there and mom was there. Mom volunteered to in the morning to make sure she saw me graduate. She was actually the last person I saw before I sat down after they handed me my folder to put my certificate in. But on the way out I at least found Jesse and I made him hold my hand and walk with me because he deserves it as much as I do for putting up with me throughout my school and supporting me through it. 

After we found Grandma and we took pictures after. We tried to get pictures by the fountain because of my favorite photos of grandma and me is infront of the fountain for my high school graduation but it was too busy so we just took them over near the trees. Grandma got me flowers as well, she always gets the most interesting arrangements and she got me a "birds of paradise" flower. They come from Hawaii I guess, but she chose them because she knows that I like orange. 

Then afterwards we went for lunch with Grandma and Jesse to Tony Romas. Mom couldn't because she had to go back to work. But it was nice going for lunch with just Grandma. Jesse got to know her better and she got to know Jesse better too which was nice.

But that was my graduation, it was hectic and emotional but I am glad that I decided to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment