Saturday, June 22, 2013

Flood worse than 1995..no matter what people say..means work

This week has been tragic. All of southern alberta is pretty much flooded, luckily our house did not get flooded. But basically our camp ground down by the river is now just..river. But we were lucky to not get a lot of flooding in Lethbridge, only people's basements got flooded. 

We first saw the beginning of the flood in Waterton, it started crazily raining. It rained so hard that Jesse had to pull over to the side of the road and wait for it to calm down, and hardly anything makes him pull over to wait for conditions to be better. But in waterton we did have fun, we went for lunch, we went  to get ice cream, and we bought some candy. We went to red rock canyon where we saw a rock slide.

Red Rock Canyon, Waterton


Flooding here is not near as bad as other places. High River got massacred, they are completely under water, the flash flood that happened there is horrible. There is so much damage it is crazy. They even had to evacuate the hospital there because of how bad the flooding was. They sent the military in as well to go and rescue people. It is just tragic. 

Lethbridge
Calgary also got flooded in as well. Downtown Calgary is all under water, the zoo got evacuated, which means that the animals got put into the jail so that they will be safe. The trans Canada highway also got shut down because the flood washed away some of the roads. Cray Cray I know.

Calgary
TransCanada Highway

High River


High river 


But with floods comes work. Jesse and I got a temp. job doing demolitions, like tearing up carpet and wet dry wall, removing wet insulation, etc. But it is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, and the amount of damage some of these people's houses have is crazy..like takings thousand's of dollars of damage. But I guess some other people's basements are completely flooded out and such. But we got money out of it.


Which brings me to another topic. I quit starbucks and I got hired at KFC. I know I move around jobs a lot but starbucks was barely breaking my bills...and I hardly have any..so not a great job.

But anyways I think that is about it.

I hope that everyone in southern alberta stays safe and that they still have a home.


No comments:

Post a Comment