Sunday, July 14, 2013

Days off: Calgary, go karting, movies

Jesse had days off..and I did too. I was off for quite awhile so I was happy to have him home. Anyways on our days off we went to go see a movie, we went go karting, we went to pick my mother up in Calgary and we relaxed.


The movie that we went to go see was Pacific Rim. It was an awesome movie, I loved all the special effects that they had in it. Also the storyline was different from a lot of movies I have seen before. I thought it was interesting that the aliens came from a portal in the pacific ocean. Also I thought it was interesting how they used mind connections to control the robots that they created. It was just an awesome movie, but with some of the action scenes it was so zoomed in that it was hard to see some of the fights. But it was a great movie. I would buy it on DVD.


While in Calgary, it was very stressful because Jesse got a new deck in his car that has a built in gps, and the lady on the gps was dumb. We went around in circles, it was very frustrating to follow. It took us about 20 minutes longer to find our destinations, but we picked up mom and got home safely using the iphone's GPS. 

I also got my second holes in my ears pierced at Claire's. It barely hurt at all, it just stung a little bit afterwards. But it was fine, it was cheap and I like them a lot. 



Lastly, Jesse and I went go Karting. I have to admit with some of the moves that I did we could have gotten kicked out. I kept on cutting off Jesse, and I ran into the wall a few times. But this one corner that we took was so sharp it hurt our sides when we were finished. But once in awhile I passed Jesse so I was happy, even though I did it really unfair. But it was fun. 


Also this week, there was the streetwheelers in town so it was a loud weekend with lots of police. It was funny because this one cop came up from beside us and all we heard was "You wanna race?" and then we looked over and saw it was the cop. It scared us so bad and when the light turned green he punched it and we kept the speed limit. I yelled out the window "nice try..we never speed." Haha which is such bull. But since it was a cop, we did not want to race them. But it was a good weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment