Saturday, January 18, 2014

Girly day

Today was a very girly day for me and a few others. Mom and I went to an antique show that was at the exhibition grounds. My friend Ashley and I went to this store called the Drunken Sailor and then got cupcakes at Edible Elegance downtown.

Mom and I walked to the Antique Toy show that they were having at the exhibition grounds. There was a lot more of a turn out than I thought there would be since I did not think that a lot of people in Lethbridge were interested in Antiques. 

They had several different kinds from having tea cups, old model cars, antique furniture and many other venders that were wishing to sell things from their collections. There were even a few artists that had their work on display and for sale, such as a oil painter, and a lady that makes dolls that look like fresh newborn babies. 




At the show there was everything that from really cool toys from the 80's to the creepy ones from the 20's. It was cool to see some of the old board games at one kiosk to an old bicycle at another. 

I have inserted a few pictures from the event here. 

Later on in the day I went to go meet Ashley downtown to go try on some clothing at Drunken Sailor downtown. It is fun to go do that because they post pictures of you in their clothing on their facebook page, and let you feel pretty. 

At first I got discouraged because there were some dresses that would fit me due to my bust being too big, but the sales person (Teegan) was amazing at making me feel comfortable. I told her it was difficult to buy clothing for my body shape, since I do not have a typical hour glass shape and she helped me feel comfortable in some of the dresses. 


Later on we went to Edible Elegance, which is a cupcakery in downtown lethbridge. The types of cupcakes I had was, rootbeer float, lemon drop, pretty in pink, cookies n' cream, coconut, and red velvet. My favourite is pretty in pink since they use a buttercream icing for that one, and the tiffany cupcake there but they didn't have that one in a mini.

We just talked about things that happened that week and comforted each other in our crappy weeks. But that was my day, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment