Saturday, October 6, 2012

Thanksgiving...and meeting the parents (grandma)

Ethan and his family had thanksgiving dinner at my grandmas house tonight. Surprisingly it went better than I thought it would...since it was so early in my relationship with Ethan..yes it freaked me out for him to meet everyone in my family.

To recap: 

Seems like everyone liked each other. My grandma was quiet in the beginning but eventually she started talking and laughing with all of us. I am so blessed that everyone that I love gets along. I love Ethan's family and I love my family and there is nothing more that warms my heart than everyone getting along. I really did not want to be part of those families where they have the hated "mother-in-laws" or should we say "monster-in-laws" and so forth. 

But we all had a good time, we all laughed really hard with each other and enjoyed each others company. I think it truly was one of my favorite thanksgiving dinners that I have ever had but I sad that my sister was not there to enjoy it with us. But on thanksgiving she still will be in my heart, and I wish her the best thanksgiving as well.

I hope you all have a happy thanksgiving because I did..and I am so blessed and thankful for all of those that I love in my life and who love me.

p.s. (cannot wait for thanksgiving to be over though...tired of people buying turkeys at work ha ha) 

No comments:

Post a Comment