Sunday, December 30, 2012

Calgary!

It took awhile to do this post..but I am finally getting around to doing it..You know..lately blogging has kind of felt like a chore, instead of just part of my daily routine. Whenever I have a few days that I do a lot it is kind of stressful to remember to blog..but I know that I have this blog for a reason..

Someday I will look upon this blog and think..wow what fun I had when I was younger. What great experiences and memories that were created. 

Anyways back to the Calgary blog. 

We went down to Calgary on boxing day. My Uncle Chris was bringing my Grandmother back while bringing mom and I back up with him. The roads were pretty good and the drive was pretty short. While I was in Claresholm I saw a co-worker, just a guy that does receiving in the back..I do not really know his name but I know that I work with him..so thats a step right? 

When we got to Calgary all the cousins said hi. It was nice coming to Calgary this time around because all my cousins were there. The boys normally are away at school when we go so it is hard to see everyone altogether. 

When we were there we played a game called Revolution, it is a strategy game. I thought it was fun, towards the end I got really competitive with my cousins since I wanted to win, but I only came in second. 

The next day we went shopping since they asked me what I wanted to do in Calgary, my usual response is Ikea but this time I asked to go to Bath and Body Works too since we do not have one in Lethbridge. 

Ikea was always fun we went for the dollar breakfast, it was pretty big but rather bland. But we walked around there for awhile we played around with the shopping carts in Ikea as well, which was a lot of fun. People looked at us with strange looks but oh well haha


Sticker christmas trees for us struggling students

Reminds me of the Ukrainian horse that my sister and I used to fight over ha ha.


Later we went to Bath and Body works and holy moly. Going into that store was cray. Cray point blank. It was the kind of store you grab grab grab and then leave having no idea what you bought. When I left bath and body works I realized what I got. I got 3 soaps, one in vanilla bean noel, then winter spice and vanilla and then in sparkling pink champagne. I bought 5 hand sanitizers, one in cookie dough, another in winter spice and vanilla, warm vanilla sugar, sparkling pink champagne and then in 1 <3 cake. Then I got 3 body lotions, one in vanilla bean noel, then in twilight woods and lastly forever sunshine soleil sublime (they all smell so yummy). Then lastly I got 2 shower gels, one in twisted peppermint and then a coconut coco one. And people...I got all that for under 40 dollars. Pretty good deal if I say so myself!

Later on we went to Les Miserables..and it is a great movie. In the beginning when they started singing every word I was thinking..oh here we go..but by the end I was thinking I do not want this to end..it is just so good! But the seats we got were crazy close to the screen. We were the second row from the front..not handicap front but right infront of the screen front. Yup..I got to see every crook and craney of Hugh Jackman's face. If I had time I could have probably counted every nose hair that he had. But Brilliant movie.

P.S. A few other events that happened. My cousin tried to teach me some things on the ukelele. My mom helped him with geneology. I watched my cousin paint Hordes which are miniatures. Lastly, ate lots, lots, lots.

1 comment:

  1. We had so much fun with you and your mom, let's do it again soon! Love you both and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete