Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Dinner!

So coming home from work..cannot lie I was kind of bummed. My friend backed out of the plans that we had created the night before..so I was thinking. wow forever alone. Again. So mom and I went out to Mocha Cabanas, and its cool because they were having this "fine dining" night for the evening. 

They had planned for a 3 course dinner with a special menu. I think it is fun to have these nights so that the chefs can try out different recipes and be creative. But anyways I got the 3 course dinner. 

The first course was antipasto and it was pretty good. It had caponata, marinated mushrooms, roasted peppers, salami and cheese with a baguette.




The second course was Posole Rojo which is a traditional Mexican soup it has chicken, pork and hominy in it, with a twist...it had avocado. I never thought to put avocado into a mexican soup but now that I know you can I so will in the future when I create my own taco soup! 

The third course was a filet of benchmark Beef that had a bearnaise sauce and smashed potatoes (so good). It was very good, very well cooked meat (medium rare) and all the tastes complimented each other very well. 

For dessert we tried this Artisan cheese's and they were disgusting. Mom said that they tasted very french like, well then I think they are crap. They all tasted like they went bad. This one cheese even had black on it, it was so gross it tasted like feet. 

But other than that the rest of the meal was exquisite. 

While we were there, there was music as well. The band that was playing is called the Jazz Cortet and they were very good, loud, but good. 

Also while being there I saw my old teacher Patrick..I had thought that he was gay but it looked like he had a female date. So gay thoughts are gone...but it was the same with Jason I thought he was gay as well until I found out he had a kid. 

Later on I had bought some almond rocca cheesecake and a homemade oreo to take home. They both were very very good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment