Monday, August 27, 2012

"Glazing" in the grass

Since I did not have work today, I decided to finish painting the pots that I had been talking about in previous posts. The colour of the pots will not be the same pastel colour that they are now, the paint that we used is a glaze, which is composed of silica. 
 Basically, the silica is just sand that has different oxides to make different colours. With glazes, when you fire them in a kiln, it will bring out the vibrancy of the colours. But why they use this kind of paint is because then you can be able to put water inside of the pot or possibly drink out of it without getting sick.

The paint also has interesting names as well. One of the names of the colours was Taber corn, which I thought was funny since the corn is so famous it got its own name ha ha. There are also other names too like saskatoon berry.

After we finished painting the pots, we decided to go look at a few of the galleries in the Bowman Art Centre. I mainly was interested in the gallery that had more sculptures since I had not been into 2d art ever since working on this sketch that I did of my sister and I.
"You get more interesting when you get older"

(My favourite)



No comments:

Post a Comment