Saturday, July 14, 2012

Back at Calgary: a gift from heaven....IKEA

So I have never been to Ikea before, so with the opportunity to go to Calgary I thought, why not go to Ikea? Everyone else has been to Ikea before but me, I always managed to skip going to that store whenever everyone went. So since I knew I was going to Calgary, going to Ikea was a must...

Everyone thought that it was silly that I was so excited to go to Ikea but that really was the only thing I wanted to do when I went to Calgary (small-unimportant things excite me).

Walking through those automatic doors...was like the hallelujah music started..I really could see the light... and then I saw a staircase and the music stopped, after I walked up those stairs and saw the showroom then the hallelujah music cued in (this time for real).

I called it the "Tulip" house 
The showroom was HUGE! First when we walked in they had the living area, like couches and such. All the couches were really nice and comfortable (even more comfortable with the affordable prices). Then the store sectioned off into the students area. It showed little living spaces, that showed a student that even a small place can look really nice and be affordable.

Further on, they had these small little apartment house things. They had a kitchen, a bedroom, living room and a bathroom and they showed the square footage of the living area to show how nice your place could look, although still in a tiny space, which I think really helps the marketing of the store.


A little side note: I learned how Ikea works as well, you write down the Isle and the number and the item and them you go down to the "Warehouse" part and you pick out the items that you saw in the show room. I think that is the most efficient and best way I think I have seen a furniture store do this, instead of trying to get what you want from underneath the display, you can just truly enjoy the display. Then when we got to the end of the display, we went back downstairs and to the small shopping area.
Don't you just want to go and buy a ton and hang them?
They had the most glasses I think I have ever seen, but for good reason. The glasses were only 75 cents for one. If that isn't a deal then I do not know what is! Then they went to bed linens, and to miscellaneous items. Then right at the end there was Ikea food. We bought a hot dog, a drink and some frozen yogurt (it really just tasted like ice cream.)

later on in the day, my Aunt, cousin and I went to Shoe Warehouse. I got a pair of heels that were nude and kind of felt like nylons, my cousin got 2 pairs of shoes. One pair was purple with a black tip that reminded me of Chanel shoes and the other were sky high wedges that I have no idea how she walks in. After that I went to Winners and bought some hairspray, since mine ran out and I bought 2 shirts.

My Aunt and I then went to the store later that night because we previously decided that we would go to the lake the next day and have a small picnic. After we picked up some goodies, Aunt Linda drove to pick up Justine from the Stampede because she was working there. Justine had some pretty funny stories about the stampede. Especially since it was seniors day, I guess that there was this little old irish pastor but when she said he was a cute man we thought it was a regular aged guy, when really he was this old man. I guess he was older and even had a tooth missing, anyways, he asked Justine where this church was and she did not know where it is so he continued to look for it. After that we just chatted for awhile and then slept! It was a great Ikea filled day!

No comments:

Post a Comment