Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Calgary: part of part 2

The monday after the blessing was a day off since this year Canada day was on a Sunday.

My Uncle Chris and Aunt Linda had the day off, both of them really wanted to go out to Elbow Falls for a nice little bonfire, to cook hot dogs and tin foil dinners and to just enjoy the holiday with company. 

When we had arrived at Elbow falls, there were no places to set up a bonfire, although when we were there, there were some Kayakers that decided to go down the falls. It was very entertaining to watch as they go down, sadly we could not find a place to set camp. 


Sadly our plans failed and we ended up going to Forget me not pond. It was the cutest little pond, it was big enough to go boating in it, and the water was very clear. Along with Aunt Linda's family, which included Madison, my mother, Zach, Justine, and my Uncle Chris, her friends also tagged along.
Her friends names were Jenae and James along with their three children, her mother and her sister. 

While awaiting for everyone to arrive...since they had no idea that we had chosen to go to Forget me not pond, my Uncle Chris and my mom played a round of the card game gold and Dutch Blitz. I quite like Dutch Blitz, I found out that you had to play very fast in order to win the game and I quickly began to advance in the game because of speed. 

First Aunt Linda's friends had made it to the pond, since Aunt Linda had spotted them at Elbow falls and quickly told them that they were having it at the pond. Later on, Zach and Justine came along, when we thought that they would just go home since they did not know where we had chosen to have our little Barbecue. 

Once all my cousins had arrived we decided to go exploring out into the abyss (or just by the river). We went incognito and created specialized secret code names...Zach's being...roadkill raven..Justine's being Squaking Sparrow and mine being Chubby Chipmunk. We set off for our adventure and found the river, they had seen a rock bridge to cross over the river while I just decided to go through the water. Man! was the river ever cold. I swear it took a few minutes for my feet to feel anything again, but it was worth going through the river ha ha. 

My Aunt's friend had a cute daughter, Elizabeth, we had tried to give her a rogue name as well, which was pebbles, but she did not like that. She really liked being called Elizabeth. A man with a dog by the name Molly or Holly (couldn't tell by his accent) was throwing the dog a stick into the water for the dog. He had allowed for Janae's children to throw the stick a few times, when the children were not throwing the stick, he was trying to catch and eat the water..(which was quite hilarious to watch if I may add ha ha) 

Since we could not have a fire at the spot, since it was just a table (all the other fire pits were occupied). I was always on a hunt to find a fire pit, luckily, I did find a fire pit. But it was in a very strange spot. It looked like a parking lot or a group camp ground. Since it was too far for people to walk to the fire pit, we just decided to bring the fire pit back to the area. 
Uncle Chris on top of the weird mountain things by the fire pit we found

No comments:

Post a Comment