Friday, July 13, 2012

Back to Calgary: Pancake Breakfast and Stampede

Aunt Val got me up at 7 am..which was brutal especially since I had not got a good nights sleep because my body hated me. We drove down to Fluor (My Aunt's work) and we were going to go downtown old school...thats right..on a yellow school bus.

The bus driver dropped us off at Rope Square, where we were going to flip pancakes that had the syrup "in the batter", as well as the bacon too. It was like a breakfast all in one, you had your pancake and bacon (inside the pancake). We initially started to make the bacon, and thank goodness I wore a sweater! Bacon is the devil to make! I hate how it splatters back at you, vicious dead pigs they were! Eventually, Jeff traded stations with me and I flipped the pancakes for awhile so that he can handle the meat. I got really good at flipping those pancakes though! I could be a pro-olympic-pancake flipper, I think that they should come up with a competition in Calgary around Stampede time for that..maybe they do..I don't know. It still would be really cool if they did that! A few German magazines had stopped to interview us and a radio station about why we were flipping pancakes. Tracey said that I was deceiving them in Germany since I was wearing my sweater, and that they might think that it is colder in Canada than it really was...I thought that was really funny ha ha.

We must have flipped hundreds of pancakes and gave out much more than that. We had started at 8 am and ended around 10 30 am, it lasted quite awhile but went faster than I thought it would. Then after we could do whatever we wanted until the bus came to pick us up at 12 30 (but it was really 1pm when the bus driver came). Aunt Val, Tracey, Jeff and I walked down to check out what was going on downtown. We stopped at this radio station place where we could win chuck wagon tickets. Aunt Val and I had to crab skip over to a planter and than we dosado'd and than raced back. We also won free little UPS trucks which rocked my world.


We continued to go up the street to see what was going on. We stopped at Java Juice, and I had a Copa Banana and a snack size chicken ceasar wrap. It was all very yummy, but the man confused my order with Tracey's so I had half of my chicken caesar wrap and half of her smoked turkey wrap. They both were very good. We watched the Square dancing that was going on and chilled for awhile. While heading towards the Bus we stopped and watch some of the First Nations dances. I love the costume that they have..so vibrant and so much work put into their costumes. It was fun to watch.
Haul from the Stampede

When we got back on the bus, it took forever and a half to get back to the fluor building. We went back to my Aunt's house and we took a small nap before going to the Stampede.





My first artwork that I bought
supposed to be an interpretation of the Vatican staircase 
At the Stampede, we went on the sky ride and we got food. We first went to this bakery that sold everything for $2 which is really nice. I had this apple chicken sausage thingy, it was really good. Then we went to the Agriculture building for kids. We got lots of free stuff from there, which is always awesome! I love free stuff! Then we headed over to the market place thingy..which I of course forgot the name of and I bought my first official piece of artwork. It was only $35 which is not bad for artwork..I was quite excited for that. I also went in a massage chair that was used as a demo for people to see how good the chairs were. For me, it was not the best, I prefer real massages better but also the chair was too big for me I think. My feet could not real the bottom of the chair which gave a small massage but that was ok. After, I just went to Uncle Chris's house and took a major nap. I was so tired but hanging out with Aunt Val and Tracey and Jeff was fun. As well as being with Porter, Grady and Stacey.

After the nap, Aunt Linda had her family over and we played Dutch Blitz. I enjoyed talking with her family they are very relaxed and fun to be around. We played well into the night and then we just all went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment