Monday, July 9, 2012

Edmonton day 3: Waterpark

We woke up semi-early to get down to the water park. Hannah drove out to Tim Hortons first where we got some frozen lemonades. They were very yummy and the sizes are different than lethbridge. Their small was our medium. I thought what a rip off in lethbridge...why is lethbridge always so cheap? Anyways, going to Edmonton I got semi-car sick since I was still feeling the rides from the day before.

We bought day passes for the water park, and the park is huuuge! They have a wave pool, with massive waves, not like the Ramada. They get so high its crazy, we went into the wave pool for awhile, then we went on some slides. The slides at the water park had different levels of difficulties. There was Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and Extreme. The first slide that Hannah and I went on was Nessie's revenge which was an Extreme slide. It was a purple slide that went down and had a few drops. We decided to go on this slide because Tristian had wanted to go onto the Sky screamer extreme, which just shot straight down and had a launch pad and everything (scary right?) And after the day I had before, I did not want to go on slides that were too crazy because of all the amusement park rides I had gone on. The slide went really fast and the first time I went on it I forgot to close my mouth and hold my nose so water went EVERYWHERE! It was a bad mistake to do but oh well ha ha.
After that, we went on the Blue Bullet which is like a giant toilet. This one was not as much fun as Nessie's Revenge but it still was fun. Then we went on this white slide that is called the Howler, it was a lot of fun but at the bottom my glasses slid off my face. I quickly rushed to tell the lifeguard and he gave me goggles to try and find them...but I was blind already so how could I find them? I just threw the goggles at Tristian and asked him to get them, and he found them pretty quickly. I guess that there is this metal plate at the bottom to catch things that people drop in the slide area, which is quite smart to have. 

Tristian and I kept on going on slides and we went on the corkscrew. This slide was not as much fun since it just turned. It kind of got me nauseous so we went for some food to deter puking from occurring. We bought some corn dogs, some popcorn and some shaved ice. This shaved ice was huge. We only got Medium's but it was huge. I couldn't finish mine because it was so huge. 

After all the slides, FINALLY Tristian got tired out and we went back to the house and chilled out for awhile. I watched Tristian play his new Lego Batman game, and then watched some TV. Hannah made some chicken pot pie which was very yummy and we talked for awhile. It was nice to just chill for the rest of the day since all week we have been doing so much! But it was fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment